Preventing Wildlife Problems
Wildlife prevention is one of the most important services offered by Critter Control of Kansas City.
We will keep wildlife animals out by installing a variety of prevention methods. Our prevention work will depend on which animal is in your home or yard. Critter Control uses wildlife prevention methods that include habitat modifications and exclusion materials. We will create a personalized prevention plan to keep wildlife off your property and out of your home!
Making Changes to Habitat
The first step in preventing wildlife animals from entering your home is making habitat modifications to your property. Habitat modifications will make your property less appealing to your problem wildlife, so they'll get away from your home and you'll be able to get the wildlife animals off your property.
Habitat modifications can include:
- Removing water and food sources (including pet food and birdbaths)
- Getting rid of potential nesting areas
- Moving excessive brush
The most effective method of preventing wildlife from entering your home is to install exclusion materials. Exclusion materials create a barrier between the wildlife animals outside and the interior of your home. Critter Control will locate all points of entry, seal them and install exclusion materials where it is necessary. This is the best approach for long-term wildlife control results. The exclusion points will vary per wildlife animal, but the most common exclusion points include:
- Chimney –– Adding chimney caps and screening can prevent animals from falling in or nesting
- Plumbing vents –– Animals seeking shelter can become stuck in plumbing pipes
- Roof and fascia spaces –– Poorly sealed points between roof and fascia invite animal entry
- Roof vents –– Lightweight, flimsy vents should be replaced with heavy secure roof vents
- Oven and bathroom exhaust vents –– Adding screening to vents helps keep animals out
- Roof/Soffit intersection –– Securing gaps will help prevent animal chewing and entry
- Holes in siding –– Repairing and reinforcing holes will discourage animal infestation
- Porch and deck –– Durable screening around base prevents nesting animals
- Trees and landscaping –– Removal of overhanging tree limbs and encroaching vegetation
While some wildlife may appear small and harmless, it is important to remember that there are many dangers associated with them. Keep wildlife animals out of your home for good. Call Critter Control at 913.912.8985 to prevent wildlife animals from entering and returning to your Kansas City home.