Seeing a bat flying about on your property or, even worse, inside your home, can be terrifying. Often associated with fearsome creatures like vampires, bats are actually very beneficial to the ecosystem (their main diet is flying insects!) and only a few species actually drink blood. This doesn't necessarily mean that bats are something you want hanging around your home — they can be carriers of several dangerous diseases.
Critter Control of Kansas City provides bat removal and trapping services, and we take appropriate precautions to ensure your bat problem won't return. Call our office today at 913.912.8985 or contact us HERE to schedule your bat inspection!
Removing Bats from Kansas City Homes
Critter Control of Kansas City employs several methods of removal to make sure your bat problem is gone for good. We will perform these services quickly because we know that a small problem can quickly become a large problem if not addressed in a prompt manner.
- An important step in removal is a thorough search for potential entry areas in a home that a small critter could use.
- Bats can fit into cracks in your home as small as 6 mm (about the width of a dime).
- Your Critter Control technician can cover or seal all vents, holes, chimneys, windows and gaps leading inside of homes.
- Your technician may also install one-way vents, which let the bat exit your home but not re-enter.
Common Bat Problems
- We commonly see bat problems in attics and outbuildings like garages.
- They are notorious for leaving difficult-to-remove feces and urine in their wake, causing more than just an inconvenience for homeowners.
- Bat droppings, better known as guano, can gather in large amounts and soil your insulation and will cause horrific stenches and permanent stains on your ceiling/drywall.
- They may bite and scratch when they feel threatened, resulting in personal injury.
Bat Removal Services
Despite the fact that less than one-half percent of bats carry rabies, these little critters should never be handled without proper precautions — we don't recommend you handle them at all.
Critter Control of Kansas City has professional methods of prevention that can keep bats out of your home. Call Critter Control for complete control! 913.912.8985Request a Quote