Although they are both rodents, many people mistake voles for mice. This is due to their close resemblance. One way to tell the difference is by their behavior and diet. Voles tend to make their homes underground, so humans don't see them. Voles are known for eating bulbs and root vegetables like carrots and potatoes, which can cause big problems for farmers. Like most wild animals, voles can be carriers of multiple parasites and diseases like hantavirus and salmonella. We know you'd rather avoid contracting these deadly diseases, so give us a call to schedule a vole inspection today! Reach our Kansas City Metro office today of you think you may have a vole problem.
Eliminating Your Vole Issue
Here at Critter Control of Kansas City Metro, our technicians are highly educated in vole removal. We know voles can cause major issues for homeowners or business owners. If you are worried that you may have a vole problem, here are some of the first indications that you may notice:
- Voles are infamous for creating tunnels in yards and gardens. If some of your plants/trees are suddenly dying, chances are you have voles.
- Some other ways to get rid of voles include traps and repellents, which can be placed in the burrows near exits.
- If a vole has found its way into your home, it is almost certainly there by accident, since a vole's favored environment is outdoors.
Common Vole Complaints
Some of the more common complaints that we receive about voles here at Critter Control of Kansas City Metro are:
- Yard damage
- Damage to your garden and your items in the garden
- Hard to identify
- The root system that has been eaten and is killing your plants
- Damage to areas with a thick mulch
We can help you get rid of vole problems! Call our office in Kansas City Metro today! Kansas: 913.912.8985 or Missouri: 816.654.6922.Request a Quote