Very comfortable around humans, these small but aggressive birds are frequently found nesting near homes and other buildings. The main complaint regarding sparrows is their general disruption to daily life. Sparrows are often seen hopping around the ground looking for food. If you are experiencing house sparrow problems, call Critter Control of Kansas City today! You can also request a quote here.
Get Rid Of Sparrows
Typically, the best way to get rid of sparrows is to keep them from wanting to nest on your property in the first place. Some things property owners can do include:
- Getting rid of bird feeders
- Not laying down unprotected grass seeds
- Seal or block crevices
- Fixing sign holes
- Securing lamp posts and overhangs with wire mesh or cloth
- Trimming shrubs and keeping lawns mown
Common Sparrow Problems
Sparrows are extremely common around Kansas City homes and yards. House sparrows prefer nesting in intrusive places, like roof eaves or in unoccupied outbuildings, while song sparrows tend to remain innocuous, living in gardens or bushes.
- House sparrows are aggressive and tend to harass and attack other native species, destroying their eggs and forcing them away from food sources like bird feeders.
- Sparrow flocks wreak havoc on home gardens and grain crops, as well as livestock feed and grass seeds.
- Their nesting habits cause further damage by blocking drains and ventilation ducts. House sparrow nests located in streetlights, on store signs, or under roof overhangs can become fire hazards.
Full-Service Bird Removal Company
Do not attempt to deal with sparrow removal by yourself. The full-service bird experts at Critter Control are prepared to help manage unwanted sparrow problems with effective and long-term solutions, including sparrow removal and sparrow prevention. Call our Kansas City office today!Request a Quote