Pigeons are infamous for their bothersome behavior and are often found in urban areas (specifically on rooftops). Like many birds, pigeon feces is corrosive and can be hazardous. Pigeons can also be hosts to fleas and ticks, which easily transmit to humans. If you are dealing with pigeon issues, please call our Kansas City office today or request a quote here!
Keep Pigeons Away
Pigeons rely pretty heavily on humans for food sources, so that's why they're found near areas of human activity. They like to nest in trees, barns, attics, and roofs. Learn more about pigeon behavior to understand why they are considered pests below.
What's the Problem with Pigeons?
- Pigeons are unhygienic, and pigeon feces are in no short supply wherever pigeons are present. Pigeon poop is known to stain buildings, park benches, statues, and cars, and the uric acid in the droppings can deteriorate the construction of the items.
- Their waste also contains pathogens of numerous diseases, like encephalitis and toxoplasmosis.
- The birds can also harbor fleas, lice, mites, and ticks in their feathers and consume and contaminate stores of food meant for human and livestock consumption.
So How Do I Keep Pigeons Off My Property?
Most wildlife is driven to an area because of potential food sources, so the best way to discourage pigeons from wanting to spend time on your property is to eliminate the food. Some other things that your Kansas City technician may implement for pigeon control include:
- Keeping yards clean and trimming trees
- Pigeon scare tactics (perhaps the best way to get rid of pigeons)
- Bird netting
- Bird spikes
Pigeon Trapping & Removal
As pigeons spread a number of diseases, we do not recommend approaching them or attempting DIY pigeon removal. Especially in commercial situations, you should call a professional bird removal company like Critter Control of Kansas City. The trained technicians at Critter Control have the tools and knowledge of pigeon behavior to effectively and safely remove the birds.
We can help you get rid of pigeon problems. Call our Kansas City office today!Request a Quote